Navigating the Portal as a Customer
If you’d like to browse products, create new products, or place orders on a customer’s behalf, you’ll have to connect to that customer’s portal.
Navigate to the Customers section to see a list of all your customers. Scroll through the list (or use the search fields) to locate a customer, then click the blue Connect as Customer button to access their portal:
To make shopping easy, we’ve sorted products into catalogues. When you log in to your customer’s portal, you’ll see a navigation menu on the left-hand side of the screen. This displays the product catalogues your customer has access to:
Whether your customer is an established buyer or starting from scratch, every portal comes pre-loaded with Ready to Order catalogues that are available to all Neighborhood retailers, and feature generic products that are ready to stock with a single click (no personalization required!)
You can find these catalogues under the Ready to Order tab:
Select any Ready to Order collection to browse available products:
If your customer has ordered before, you’ll see their store’s name in the navigation menu. This is their private, personalized catalogue, created just for them based on the products they’ve ordered in the past!
From here, you can easily browse and re-order any of their personalized products:
Territory protection is a big deal to us. Before opening a new account, you must confirm that your prospect’s storefront isn’t located too close to an existing Neighborhood retailer.
1. Ask your prospect where they plan to sell our candles. Your territory check should be based on their actual store address (which might differ from the billing or shipping info you keep on file).
2. Enter your prospect’s complete store address into the Store Finder tool on our website (bookmark for quick access!)
3. Review any nearby stores that are found, and their proximity to your prospect:
The goal is to keep our existing customers happy, and to ensure that they don’t feel encroached upon. There isn’t a one-size-fits-all rule, but generally speaking: the smaller the town, the larger the radius of protection.
You must review and verify eligibility for all intended selling locations.
Creating a New Customer
You will start on the Customer Details tab. It’s very important that you enter your customer’s information correctly. Please take some time to study the screenshot and notes below:
• Company Name: the full name of your customer’s store, exactly as it appears on their official website or Google business listing
• Full Name: re-type exactly what you entered in the Company Name field
• Email: the primary email address for this customer. Keep in mind:
- The email address you enter here will function as your customer’s log in credentials when they access their portal
- You can only enter one primary email address. If your customer has multiple buyers or contacts who want access to the portal, they’ll have to log in using the same primary email address and password.
- If you want to a copy of order notifications or invoices to be sent to an additional email address(es), you can set that up on the Email Settings tab
• Notify Customer by Email: check the box
• Is Active: check the box
• Phone: buyer or main contact’s direct phone number, in the following format: 123.456.7890
• Address: shipping address (if address has Suite, Unit, or ATTN details, please enter those separately in the Address 2 field)
• Privacy Groups: confirm that Neighborhood is selected (it should be by default!)
• Admin Comments: if your customer’s store address is different than the shipping address you entered above, please let us know in this comment box! This is very important, as it will determine which address is added to our Store Finder!
• Buyer Name: enter the first and last name of the buyer or main contact for this account
You can skip the rest of the fields on this tab. Now click the green Save and Stay on Page button, then move on to the next section
The Email Settings tab is an optional step if you’d like emails to be sent to other email addresses in addition to the primary email address you entered on the Customer Details tab. (Remember, adding additional email addresses here has no bearing on this customer’s log in credentials.)
• Email for New Orders Notification: email addresses entered here will be CC’d on order notifications
• Email for Invoice: if invoices need to be sent to a specific email address for accounting purposes, you can enter that information here.
After making any changes, click the green Save and Stay on Page button, then move on to the next section
Last but not least, the Admin Fields tab. There’s only one field you need to worry about here, but it’s super duper important.
You must enter your four digit Ivystone Rep ID in the Ivystone Rep field. If you leave this field blank, any orders associated with this customer won’t be transmitted to Pharos.
Now you’re all done! Hit the Save button at the bottom of the page.
You won’t be able to submit an order for your new customer without inputting credit card details. You can do this when placing the order, or you can get this step out of the way now by storing your customer’s card details on their account. Here’s how it’s done.
1. After creating and saving your new customer, you should land back on the main Customer list view. From here, find your newly created customer and click the blue Connect as Customer button to access their portal:
2. Now you’re viewing your customer’s portal. Look for the Account dropdown at the top of the screen and select My Account:
3. In Edit Customer Details view, click the Credit Card tab and enter their card details. Don’t forget to hit Save when you’re done!