If you’re an Ella B. Candles retailer, you’re already familiar with the Neighborhood concept: pick your favorite fragrances and give them locally-inspired names to create a candle collection that is custom-tailored for your hometown. But… what if you want to think outside of the Neighborhood? You aren’t limited to street names and parts of town. There are plenty of ways to expand your collection, from sweet sentiments to sassy taglines. We love to see how our retailers get creative when naming the candles in their collections, and we want to inspire you to explore the possibilities. With 27 fragrances and a full spectrum of colored ribbons to choose from, there are endless ways to tell your story. Here are some of our favorite creative pairings. No. 26 – Sandalwood & Cashmere; a fabulously feminine fragrance that is soft, sweet, and undeniably chic. From She’s Boujee to Bubble Bath, our retailers have used No. 26 to celebrate all of our favorite things. Think Pink and pair this sweet scent with an appropriately hued ribbon. Featured above: Azalea, Hot Pink, Pink, and Light Pink (all available in grosgrain and satin options). No. 27 – Cilantro, Orange and Myrrh; packed full of citrusy goodness, this fragrance is like a freshly cleaned kitchen packed into a little glass jar. Use No. 27 to remind your customers of what they love most: coming home, relaxing, and those Easy Sunday Mornings. Compliment 27’s citrus vibes with a zesty ribbon. Featured above: Lime, Kiwi, and Chartreuse (all available in grosgrain and satin options). No. 23 – Spearmint, Peppermint & Eucalyptus; a fragrance that is just as minty-fresh as your breath on a first date. Pair this cooler than cool fragrance with names that are equally dazzling: Man in Uniform or So Fresh, So Clean. Keep it Chill with an icy-cold colored ribbon. Featured above: Teal, Mint, Aquamarine, and Aqua (all available in grosgrain and satin options). No. 22 – Grapefruit & Lemon Verbena; the aromatic equivalent of a hundred rays of sunshine. This warm and fruity fragrance smells like sunsets, summer nights and fun drinks — the perfect way to say Oh, Happy Day! To top it off, explore our sunset-hued ribbon choices. Displayed above: Raisin, Currant, Old Gold, Torrid Orange and Gold (all available in grosgrain and satin options), and Dark Coral and Rust (available in satin only). No. 18 – Lavender & Sweet Clover; relax and unwind with dreamy swirls of soothing and sweet. Whether you’re longing for a Spa Day or Sweet Dreams, this fragrance will lull you away to your Happy Place. For an extra dose of Vitamin Sleep, add a cozy colored ribbon. Displayed above: Regal, Purple, Iris, Wisteria and Orchid (all available in grosgrain and satin options).
From Homecoming and High School Sweethearts to Rooting for the Home Team, there are lots of ways to add School Spirit to your personalized candle collection. How will YOU celebrate the local schools in your Neighborhood this Back to School season?The season of sun, sand and surf is coming to an end, and that means it’s just about time to trade in Beach Days and Mermaid Hair for Bonfires and Sweater Weather. But before we tug on our toboggans and dive head-first into Pumpkin Spice season, there’s another milestone worth celebrating: Back to School. Whether your town has a major high school sports rivalry or is home to a quaint college campus, the Ella B. Candles Neighborhood line gives you the opportunity to pair local school spirit with the great home fragrance that your customers already love. And with classes (soon to be) back in session, now is the perfect time to create customized candles for your school! Smells Like Team Spirit If every fall your store is rushed by customers looking for school swag and mascot merch, you’ll score big with team spirit-inspired additions to your Neighborhood collection. This could be as simple as creating a candle with your school’s name, mascot, or motto. Take inspiration from these examples:
- Go Tigers!
- Home of the Highlanders
- Rebel Pride
- Brighton Bulldogs
- Titan Nation
- Green & Gold
- Class of 2020
- Game Day
- Friday Night Lights
- Time to Tailgate
- Fall and Football
- Football Mom
It’s no secret that the holiday season is the hottest time of the year for candle sales (in fact, Ella B. Candles retailers TRIPLE candle sales at Christmas time!) While there’s no denying that a cozy candle is the perfect cold-weather treat, we want your Ella B. Candles to be bestsellers every season. Here are some tips to keep your candles flying off the shelves all year long!
- Keep it Fresh – fresh testers, that is! We want your customers to fall in love at first smell, and replacing your in-store testers annually is the best way to ensure that the Ella B. Candles in your collection stay fresh, fragrant, and always pass the sniff-test. Time for an upgrade? Add testers to your next re-order to keep your store display looking (and smelling) fresh!
- Think Seasonal! If your Neighborhood favorites just aren’t flying off the shelves the way they used to, consider giving your customers something new to get excited about. Season-inspired candles are always top sellers, and with warm weather on the horizon, now is the perfect time to add a splash of summer to your Neighborhood collection. Need a little inspo? Visit our Instagram @EllaBCandles to see how other retailers are using Ella B. Candles to celebrate summer in their hometowns!
- It’s All About that Display! How do Ella B. Candles fit into your store display? If your current configuration isn’t catching your customers’ attention, it may be time to get creative and rearrange. Our candles won’t suffer separation anxiety if you spread them out around your store. In fact, our retailers often report a boost in sales when they include Ella B. Candles in themed store displays and vignettes. So if your store has a Happy Birthday aisle or a Wedding Season end-cap, consider adding a candle or two!
- Speaking of Special Occasions… as an Ella B. Candles retailer, you have full access to our Custom Candle program. Whether your customers are shopping for personalized wedding favors or branded corporate gifts, we’ll work with you to turn their vision into a reality and create the perfect custom candle for any occasion. (Bonus: since there’s no inventory requirement, custom candle orders are a great way to boost sales and grow profits without losing shelf space!) What are you waiting for? Pitch custom candles to your customers today! (Click here to learn more about custom candles!)
- Sell Online? You can reach even more customers by adding Ella B. Candles to your online inventory! We’ll help get you web-ready with personalized stock images of the candles in your collection. (Shoot an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request your stock photos!)